Newberry IT Limited
20 Sea Avenue
Tel: 01903 770608
Newberry IT Limited began trading in 1999 and provides IT consultancy,
IT support and software development services.
It carries out computer systems work involving versions of Unix or Linux and application development
connected with system support and the internet.
The company's first contract was for the design, development and support of the patient administration system, NetPas,
for the McIndoe Surgical Center private hospital.
It used an Apache internet server running on
a small Sun Microsystems system and internet browsers runing on desktop PCs.
This was successfully completed and installed in 2000 soon after the hospital first opened.
Following installation NetPas was actively
supported and further developed for two years. The hospital then decided to move to a more comprehensive and
long established package.
- Support of Sun Solaris server and desktop systems and Apple desktop systems running OpenStep for a London bank.
- Support of Sun Solaris and PC Linux server systems running internet commerce applications for StreetsOnline.
- Support of Sun Solaris server systems and internet facilities at NTL including the Which? internet servers.
- Writing a technical user manual for a product developed by Enigma Data Systems.
The company recently moved into writing internet e-commerce software and the implementation and
running of online shopping systems.
The company's director and permanant consultant is David Arnstein BSc. He is very experienced with
over 20 years in the IT industry. Having started programming on very early computers he
was later given the technical responsibility for introducing Unix and Sun Microsystems systems into
Southern Water - first for CAD and Mapping and then for general purpose computing.
Eventually he decided to move into IT contracting and for that purpose set up Newberry IT Limited.
David's skills include:
- Internet application development and support.
- Internet systems support.
- Software application design and programming in several languages mainly Perl, C, Unix Shell, Awk and Fortran with some experience of
mainly other languages including Java, Basic, Cobol, C++ and Pascal.
- Unix and Linux systems support.
- Some database experience.
Most of the technical work for the company is carried out by David. From time to time the company draws on other
resources for technical and administrative activities.
The latest project is the design and implementation of an alternative energy web site focussing on
Last updated 12 July 2009 on new virtual server